Moved to an entirely new state that I'd never been to before, and planned to stay there for an indefinite amount of time.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My New Years' resolution is ALWAYS "lose weight" and it never happens...I'm going to have to think up another one, like "Stop being such a spaz" or something.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Noo...but one of my best friends is preggers, and due in January.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My dog died this summer.
5. What countries did you visit? Canada and the U.S. But the U.S. doesn't really count.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? A permanent job.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Um...I have a bad memory for dates.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Graduated from college, baby!
9. What was your biggest failure? Not being able to find a permanent job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I broke my pinky this summer.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I bought a car, a 1996 Ford Explorer. It needs some work done, but it got me from Oregon to Wisconsin, so I reckon it's good enough. *pats Hoss affectionately*
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Er...I didn't shove anyone overboard this summer...does that count?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Right now I'm pretty pissed at Jonathon from Amazing Race...the man is the Antichrist. And not even the cool one. He's like Hitler and Scott Peterson in one.
14. Where did most of your money go? Oh christ, I have to remember? Well, rent and electric, probably.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Keels and I talked more about starting our own freelance copyediting business.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004? "How am I Doin'" by Dierks Bentley.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you...
i. happier or sadder?: About the same, I guess.
ii. thinner or fatter?: I don't know. I make a point of not checking regularily. I think I FEEL like I'm thinner, though.
iii. richer or poorer?: Poorer. Much. *wry face*
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Painting.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Sitting on my butt.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Here in Wisconsin with my mom, my brother, Keely, Keely's bf, and his parents.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004? Nope. Well, yeah. With Ben&Jerry's oatmeal cookie ice cream. But then the store stopped carrying it. And I wept.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Lost. *fangirls for Dom*
26. What was the best book you read? Um...I've read a lot of books this year...most of them were good.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? More Loreena McKennit, I guess.
28. What did you want and get? A short-term job at a music catalog. Now if I could just find a long-term one.
29. What did you want and not get? A scanner.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? The Incredibles. And RotK and PoA, too.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I worked on the boat, and when we docked the bosses had brought ice cream bars. Then we all went to the pub for a few drinks. Then I went home and ate a nice dinner and some cake with my mom and brother.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If I had come into a large amount of money without anyone close to me dying.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? "Same as high school."
34. What kept you sane? Who said I'm sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Oooh, I don't know. Someone. Probably. Maybe Johnny Depp like the rest of the world. Or Dom.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The fact that our Commander-in-Chief is a chimp isn't comforting. But that whole thing about gay marriage and dudes in Alabama wanting to remove any books with homosexual references...yeah, that's got me kinda upset, too. /understatement
37. Who did you miss? I miss most of my family...they all live on the west coast.
38. Who was the best new person you met? About the only new people I've met lately are Keely's bf and his family. They are all very nice.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: Procrastination gets you nowhere.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I don't know any song lyrics that sum up my year, so I'll make one up.
o/' I graduated from college, baby.
I worked as a proofreader, baby!
I went back to Alaska, worked on the boats,
Didn't push anyone into the freezing cold water, baby!
My dog died from an embolism, baby.
I was in two weddings, baby!
I moved to Wisconsin with my best friend
and now I can't find a job! YEAH! Rock on!o/'
I should be in a band. I think I've found my new calling.