And then I thought maybe if I can find a good job where I'm making some money, and maybe if I can find an apartment that allows dogs or even (maybemaybe) buy a house (it would be a trailer, no doubt), and if I could find a big kennel for her so she doesn't have to sleep in my room with me...maybe I could keep her. The thing is, I thought it would be a good idea to have her spayed before trying to adopt her out, and I've just discovered that she's in heat, so spaying is not really an option until she's out of estrus. And she DOES get me out of the house a lot. We go for walks and play fetch and everything. So I don't know. We'll see.
My to-do list looks like this:
1. Find Job. Jennifer just called me this evening and asked if I'd be interested in watching Ethan on a more regular basis, namely thrice a week from 6 am to 11 am or so. I said sure, till I find a full-time job. I love that kid, but $6 isn't exactly making me rich. On the other hand, I'm not paying rent here, so it is helping. But yeah, find job is first on the list.
2. Ask (financial advisor) about buying a house. This is highly unlikely to happen anytime soon, but then...once I move out, and I'm gonna be moving out sometime...well, maybe not SOON, but after I've established a job and everything...why pay RENT when I could be paying off a house I've bought? It would take a long time, yes, but I could do whatever I wanted in it. Painting, adding or removing appliances...having a dog. So I'll ask him what he thinks of me sometime buying a house.
3. Get Summer spayed as soon as she's out of estrus (this also includes keeping her AWAY from any male dogs she may encounter until that time). I need to call the vet sometime soon and ask about the procedure and the cost and whatnot.
4. IF I keep her...IF IF IF I cannot stress the IF enough...I need to ask Mel for her big kennel. Otherwise, I'll have to buy one myself and I really don't want to.
5. Have lunch with Becky next Friday.
Jesus. Why the hell do people WANT to be adults? Kids who are like "OMG I can't wait to be 21!"...shut up, tinies. Just shut the fuck up. It's not ALL about alcohol and OMG MY MOM WON'T LET ME GO OOOOOOOUT TONIGHT. It's about wishing you were a kid again so other people could deal with all the shit.